Sumac spiced cauliflower and pumpkin seed salad
200g Cauliflower, florets halved
10g Pumpkin seeds
90g Carrots, ribboned
20g Baby spinach
Olive oil & cooking oil
Salt & pepper
5ml Dijon mustard
15ml Red wine vinegar
3ml Chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and prepare a greased baking tray.
- Halve cauliflower florets and place them on the baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, scatter over Spice Mix and seasoning. Bake in the oven until golden and roasted about 15-20 minutes.
- Combine the Dressing Mix, 1 TBSP olive oil and seasoning. Whisk together, season further to taste, add some sugar/honey/xylitol if you prefer some sweetness. Set aside.
- Place a pan on medium heat. Add olive oil and when hot add your pumpkin seeds and toast for 2-4 minutes, shifting occasionally so they don’t burn. When they start to pop and sizzle, remove from heat and season generously with salt.
- Place mixed leaves, carrot ribbons, cranberries and pumpkin seeds in a bowl and toss through some of your tahini dressing. Plate up and place roasted cauliflower on top with an extra drizzle of dressing to finish off.