Oven-to-table sliced chicken on coconut cauliflower
80g kale, roughly chopped
100ml coconut cream
14g ginger, peeled and finely sliced
½ chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
360g cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
2 leeks, trimmed, cleaned and roughly sliced
2 chicken breasts
12ml spice mix (ground coriander, ginger and cumin)
6g coriander, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees centigrade and prepare a greased or tinfoil-lined baking tray.
- Prep ingredients as listed.
- Place the cauliflower, kale, leek, ginger and chilli in baking tray. Drizzle over olive oil and season. Mix until well combined.
- Evenly sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken breasts and use the moisture of the meat to mop up all the spice. Place the chicken breasts on top of your vegetables and drizzle over olive oil and seasoning. Place into the oven to bake until the veggies have softened and the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Slice into the chicken to check it is cooked through before stopping the cooking process.
- With about 10 minutes to go, remove the tray from the oven and evenly dollop over the coconut cream. Return to the oven to continue cooking.
- Allow chicken to rest for 2 minutes before slicing it up and seasoning it further to taste. Plate up your veg, pouring all the coconut juice from the tray, over the vegetables. Top with the sliced chicken, fresh lemon juice and chopped coriander.