Sicilian rigatoni arrabiata with tomato, baby spinach and feta
200g Rigatoni pasta
3 garlic cloves, sliced
2 spring onions, finely sliced
30g capers, roughly chopped
6g oregano, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
400g Mexican cooked tomato, with chillies and herbs (tinned)
40g baby spinach leaves
1g basil leaves, sliced
100g feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water (enough to submerge your rigatoni pasta), with a pinch of salt, to boil. Cookuntil al dente, about 13-15 minutes.
- Place a pan with a generous drizzle of olive oil over a low heat. Add the garlic, half the spring onion, capers and oregano. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until softened, shifting the ingredients occasionally.
- Add the cooked tomato and fresh tomato and simmer for 3-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the baby spinach and basil until wilted. Season to taste.
- Add the drained pasta and gently mix until well combined and heated through.
- Dish up, crumble over the feta and add remaining spring onion.