2 Chicken breasts, sliced 1cm thick
2 Egg noodle cakes
30ml Peanut butter
200g Broccoli florets, roughly sliced
200ml Coconut cream
1 Lemon, zested and juiced
2 Spring onions, finely sliced
2 Garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
½ Chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
15g Ginger, peeled and grated
Salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer. Add noodle cakes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Place a pan with a drizzle of cooking oil over a medium heat. Season chicken slices with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, cook the chicken until golden on both sides, about 1 minute per side. The chicken doesn’t need to be cooked through, it is just about the colouring at this stage. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return pan over a medium heat with a further splash of cooking oil. When hot, add broccoli and cook until slightly charred, about 3-4 minutes, shifting it around the pan occasionally. When it is cooked, but still crunchy, remove from the pan, squeeze over some fresh lemon juice and seasoning. Set aside.
- Return that pan over a low heat. Add a splash of cooking oil, the garlic, chilli (to your heat preference), lemon zest and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes before adding peanut butter and coconut cream. Mix well until the peanut butter and coconut cream are well combined. Add chicken and noodles and simmer for a further 1-2 minutes until heated through. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Top with your broccoli and sprinkle over spring onion.