Noodles in a red thai curry coconut soup
20ml red curry paste
20ml Soy sauce
200ml Coconut cream
500ml Vegetable stock, diluted with boiling water
2 Rice noodle cakes
40g Mange tout, finely sliced at an angle
160g Carrots, peeled and ribboned with a peeler or very finely sliced
130g Red cabbage, finely sliced
120g Mushrooms, sliced up 1cm thick
5ml Black sesame seeds
Salt & pepper
- Boil kettle and prep your ingredients as listed. Dilute your stock granules with boiled water from the kettle.
- Add a generous drizzle of cooking oil and red curry paste to a pot. Sauté for 2 minutes, shifting the paste around. Then, add the soy sauce, mirin and stock. Bring to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add mushroom and noodle cakes, and pop the lid on pot. Allow the noodles to separate into the soup. Prod them with a fork to assist the process. Continue this for 1-2 minutes until the noodles have separated and softened, but are not fully cooked.
- Stir in the carrot and coconut cream. Simmer for a further 2-3 minutes with the lid off.
- Add half of the red cabbage and some squeezes of fresh lime. Mix well and simmer for a further 1-2 minutes. Season to taste with further lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Dish up in a bowl. Top with the sliced mange tout and remaining cabbage. Don’t forget to sprinkle over your sesame seeds.