Grilled cheese and mushroom open sandwich
80g smooth cottage cheese
140g cheddar cheese, grated
180g brown mushrooms, sliced thick
50ml rocket pesto
6 bacon streaky slices
8g parsley, roughly chopped
2 sourdough rolls, sliced
20ml wholegrain mustard
Olive oil and cooking oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and prepare a greased or tinfoil lined baking tray.
- In a bowl, dress the watercress with a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- In a bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, cheddar, parsley, wholegrain mustard and black pepper. Lightly toast sourdough slices and place on baking tray. Evenly spread the cheesy mixture over slices. Bake until the cheese is melting and starting to turn golden, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place a pan with a drizzle of cooking oil over a medium heat. When hot, cook the bacon slices until crispy on both sides, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Return the pan over a medium heat and add the mushroom slices. Cook until softened, about 4-6 minutes, shifting them as they cook. Season.
- Plate up the cheesy toasts, top with dollops of rocket pesto, scatter over the grilled mushrooms and crispy bacon and finally top with the lemony dressed watercress.