Butternut and feta quesadillas
20 minutes to prep
400g Butternut chunks
80g Feta, drained
50g Mozzarella, grated
3g Chives, roughly chopped
130g Red cabbage, finely sliced
5ml Ground cumin
100ml Crème fraiche
1 Lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat. Add a generous drizzle of olive oil, butternut and cumin, and stir to combine. Pop lid on and cook until the butternut has softened (about 15-20 minutes).
- In a bowl, combine the red cabbage, half lemon and drizzle of olive oil, chives and seasoning. Stir to combine and then set aside to stand. Stir every now and then and season further to taste. Add a sprinkle of sugar/xylitol if you would like it sweeter.
- Mix guacamole with a third of crème fraiche, a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning.
- Spread out the tortillas on a clean work surface.
- Spread butternut out evenly onto the tortillas. Top with feta, grated mozzarella and seasoning. Top with another tortilla and flatten.
- Return the saucepan over a medium heat. Dry fry each sandwiched quesadilla one by one until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side (turning once). Remove and open each quesadilla and fill it with pickled cabbage, guacamole and crème fraiche. Close again, and slice into wedges.