Turmeric spiced chicken
2 Chicken breasts
6ml Ground turmeric
20g Flaked almonds
60ml Crème fraiche
200g Broccoli, florets sliced
8g Basil, leaves picked & sliced
Salt & pepper
For the salad dressing
20ml Red wine vinegar
10ml Dijon mustard
2T Olive oil
- Rinse leaves and herbs, and prep your ingredients as listed.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with the turmeric, salt and pepper. Use the moisture of the meat to mop up the spices until each breast is well covered. Set aside.
- Place a pan over a medium heat. Dry toast flaked almonds until golden, shifting them around the pan for even colouring. About 3-5 minutes.
- For the salad dressing, place the red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Add olive oil and seasoning. Mix well and season further to taste.
- Mix crème fraiche with a drizzle of olive oil, some salt and pepper.
- Return pan over a medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a knob of butter. When hot, add the broccoli and pan fry until cooked, but still crunchy, shifting it around the pan as it cooks. About 4-8 minutes.
- Return pan over a medium heat. Add a drizzle of cooking oil. When hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side until golden on the outside and cooked through. Slice into the thickest part of the chicken to check if cooked. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside to rest for 2 minutes, before slicing.
- Toss the broccoli with the watercress, rocket, basil and salad dressing. Season it further to taste and plate it up.