Summer chicken and lentil salad
2 chicken breasts
240g lentils, drained
80g mixed salad leaves
65g red cabbage
2 limes, juiced
12ml five spice
30ml fish sauce
30ml white wine vinegar
15ml olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Add drained lentils with chilli and seasoning to a saucepan and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Stir through half the coriander and season further to taste. Remove from the pan and dish it up in serving bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and five spices. Add about two centimetres of boiled water to saucepan and bring to a simmer. Place the chicken breasts into the water, pop the lid on and cook for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Turn the chicken over at the halfway mark. Allow it to cool slightly before tearing it into shreds with a fork.
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthways and remove the seeds. Cut or peel it to make thin slices. Peel and cut the carrot finely into thin slices. Finely slice the radish.
- Place the salad leaves on top of the lentils, then top with the sliced red cabbage, cucumber, carrot, radish, shredded chicken and remaining coriander.
- Combine the white wine vinegar, fish sauce and honey with the olive oil, seasoning, and lime juice. Mix well and season to taste with further lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.