Sticky Asian chicken with crunchy cashew nut slaw
2 chicken breasts, sliced 1cm thick
30ml hoisin sauce
30ml soy sauce
20ml sesame oil
260g red cabbage, finely sliced
60ml crème fraiche
½ chilli, seeded and finely chopped
½ lemon, juice
120g spinach, roughly sliced
2 spring onions, finely sliced
20g cashew nuts, toasted and salted, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper
- Place chicken slices in a bowl. Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil and mix until well combined. Season and set aside.
- Place the red cabbage in a bowl, along with crème fraiche, seasoning and a squeeze of lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- Place a pan with a knob of butter over a low to medium heat. Add the chilli and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and leave until wilted, about 1-2 minutes, shifting the ingredients occasionally. Add spinach to your red cabbage slaw; mix well and season to taste with further lemon juice, salt and pepper. Plate slaw and spinach.
- Place pan over a medium heat, along with a knob of butter. When hot, add the chicken, spooning out any leftover marinade from the bowl into the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, until the chicken slices are cooked through and golden. Slice into the chicken to check that it is cooked before removing it from the heat and plating it over your slaw. If there is any remaining sauce in the pan, spoon it over the chicken.
- Scatter with spring onion and cashew nuts.