Spaghetti and meatballs
10g parsley, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
300g minced beef
20g dried breadcrumbs
60g Pecorino cheese, grated
½ chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
120ml beef stock, diluted in water
200g cooked tomato, tinned
2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
Olive oil and cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine the parsley (reserving a sprinkle for garnish), garlic, egg, a generous amount of salt and pepper, the beef mince, breadcrumbs and half the grated Pecorino. Mix together until well combined. Form into meatballs and set aside (about three per person).
- Fill a pot with salted water (enough to submerge your pasta), pop the lid on and bring to the boil. Then, add your spaghetti and cook it for about 9-11 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat a generous drizzle of cooking oil over a medium heat. When hot, add the meatballs and cook, turning them as they colour, until browned on all sides (roughly 5-6 minutes).
- Add the cooked tomato, chilli (to your heat preference), and stock. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat down to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid slightly askew and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through (about 5-8 minutes). If the liquid dries up, add a splash of water.
- In the final minute, stir in the fresh tomato and cream. Season.
- Return drained pasta to pot. Add the meatballs and sauce, and toss through gently.
- Dish up. Sprinkle over the remaining Pecorino and parsley.