Spaghetti ai funghi with kale, sage & feta
100g Brown mushrooms, roughly sliced
100g Button mushrooms, roughly sliced
80g Kale, de-stemmed & leaves sliced
3 Garlic cloves, finely sliced
½ Chilli, de-seeded & finely chopped
8f Sage leaves, roughly sliced
100g Feta, cubed
30g Pecorino cheese, grated
Salt & pepper
- Rinse herbs and leaves, and prep the ingredients as listed.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, with enough water to submerge the spaghetti. Add a grind of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Don’t add your pasta just yet.
- Place a pan over a medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a knob of butter. When melted, add the sage and cook it until crispy, about 2-4 minutes. Shift it around the pan for even colouring. When ready, remove it from the pan and set it aside until serving. Return the pan over a low-medium heat, add a further drizzle of olive oil, a knob of butter, the garlic and chilli (to your heat preference). Sauté for 1-2 minutes, shifting the ingredients around the pan occasionally.
- Boil spaghetti until al-dente (about 3-5 minutes). Drain and toss through some olive oil to prevent it from sticking together.
- Place the mushrooms and kale in your pan. Add additional olive oil and butter if required. Cook for 4-10 minutes until cooked.
- When ready, stir through the drained pasta and heat through. Plate up the pasta, top it with the feta, crispy sage, and grated Pecorino.