Pork fillet with sweet potato smash & chilli zucchini
300g Pork fillet
1 Orange, juiced and zested
160g Zucchini, finely sliced into circlets
10g Basil, leaves sliced
½ Chilli, de-seeded & finely chopped
15g Ginger, peeled & grated
400g Sweet Potato
Olive oil & cooking oil
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Scrub and roughly chop the sweet potatoes, leaving the skin on. Place pieces on a greased or tinfoil lined baking tray. Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and season. Toss together until well combined. Bake until soft, about 25 minutes.
- Prep the remaining ingredients as listed.
- Spoon out the honey into a bowl that is big enough to marinade your pork. Heat it in the microwave for a few seconds until the honey becomes very runny. Mix in the orange juice, orange zest, ginger and salt. Add the pork and coat it evenly in the marinade. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, add the zucchini slices, basil, chilli (to your heat preference) and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt, mix well and set aside.
- Place pan over a medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of cooking oil. When the pan is hot, seal off the pork fillets until golden on all sides, shifting it as it colours. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Get a piece of tinfoil ready that is big enough to wrap up the fillets. Place the fillets in the centre, lift up the sides of tinfoil, top the pork with any left over marinade from the bowl, and enclose it in the tin foil. Pop in the oven to cook for about 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Allow it to rest for 1 minute before slicing it up.
- When the sweet potato has softened, place it in a bowl with a knob of butter and using the back of a fork, mash it up a bit to form your smash. Season with salt.
- Plate up the smash, top with the sliced pork fillet and chilli zucchini. Pour over some sauce from the tinfoil parcel.