Pesto vegetarian pizza
20 pizza bases (store bought)
2 artichokes, quartered
60g olives, pipped and halved
130g grated mozzarella
60g crème mozzarella
1 chilli, chopped
2 tomatoes, cut into rounds
3g rocket pesto (store bought)
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Spread tomato rounds on foil, sprinkle with oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil, and place in oven. Turn up sides of tinfoil to trap the cooking juices.
- Bake pizza bases and tomatoes (about 6-8 minutes).
- In a bowl, combine the crème fraiche, chilli (to your heat preference), a drizzle of olive oil, and some salt. Set aside.
- Remove pizza and tomatoes from the oven and turn down to 200 degrees. Spread out tomato slices on pizza and sprinkle over grated mozzarella. Top with artichokes and olives.
- Return to oven until the mozzarella has melted, about 3-6 minutes.
- Plate up pizzas and top with dollops of rocket pesto and chilli crème fraiche. Scatter over the torn watercress and drizzle over the cooking juices from the tomato tin foil parcel. Season to taste.