Asian beef noodle bowl with kale and mushroom
300g Beef mince
80g Kale, sliced into bite-sized pieces
120g Mushroom, sliced
2 Garlic cloves, finely sliced
20g Ginger, peeled and finely sliced
20ml Hoisin sauce
30ml Soya sauce
20ml Sesame oil
2 Egg noodle cakes
2 Spring onions, finely sliced
Salt and pepper (from your pantry)
- Prep the ingredients as listed.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, with enough water to submerge the noodle cakes. When boiling, simmer the noodles for about 4-6 minutes, until cooked. Taste to test and drain on completion.
- Place a pan over a high heat. Add sesame oil and beef mince. Cook the beef mince until it turns a golden colour, breaking it up with the cooking utensil as it cooks. This should take about 4-8 minutes.
- Turn down the heat to medium and add a knob of butter, the ginger, garlic, half the spring onion, kale, mushroom and seasoning. Stir to combine and cook for a further 4-8 minutes until the kale and mushroom are cooked.
- Add soya sauce, hoisin and sriracha and the drained noodles. Heat through and season further to taste.
- Serve up, sprinkle over the remaining spring onion, and dig in!