Saltimboca with a twist
2 chicken breasts
12 fresh sage leaves
4 pieces of bacon, halved into thin strips
⅔ cup chicken stock
200g broccoli, broken into small florets
160g cherry tomatoes, diced
2.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Salt & pepper
30ml corn starch or flour
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place 3 sage leaves on each top side of breast, wrap bacon around your chicken breast, securing sage leaves in place.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan, test to see if cooked by cutting into breast to the centre and guaging. Keep warm in oven or place in bowl and cover.
- In another pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat to high, add broccoli, sauté and season, cook for 3 minutes and add grated parmesan, continue to sauté for another 3 minutes, turn down heat and add tomato.
- Combine stock, lemon juice, and corn starch in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add corn starch mixture and the remaining olive oil (approx. half a tablespoon) to the pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute, or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with broccoli/tomato mix.