Grilled lamb chops with pea, broccoli, chickpea & feta salad
4 lamb chops
160g frozen peas
120g chickpeas, rinsed
2 cloves of garlic
25ml white wine vinegar
5g mint, chopped
70g feta, crumbled
120g broccoli, florets sliced
5ml sugar or xylitol
2TB olive oil
salt and pepper
- Place a pot of water onto boil and cook peas for 3-4 minutes until just tender, then drain.
- Mix peas with the vinegar, sugar/xylitol and mint. Then crumble in the feta and season well.
- Heat a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil and the garlic, sauté for 1 minute before adding the broccoli. Cook for 3-4 minutes until just cooked, but still crunchy. Season and add to your salad.
- Put a frying pan to high heat. Brush the lamb chops with a little oil and seasoning. When hot, place the chops fat side down first (using tongs) to render the fat until crispy (about 3-5 minutes). Then cook the chops for about 3-5 minutes per side until cooked to your desired preference.
- Serve your succulent and seasoned chops alongside your minty green salad.
Chef’s tip: The thickness of your chop will affect the cooking time. Slice open to test they are cooked to your preference before removing from the pan.