“We all understand that exercise supports our physical health, however, during times of crisis such as this, it is the first activity we tend to ignore. Being active can not only keep us healthy, but it can also help us fight off infection” says Anita Hobson-Powell, Chief Executive Officer of Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA).
BODYTEC provides a safe and effective way of exercising, in only 20 minutes once a week. Due to the set-up of our studios, limited contact between members and nature of our training, BODYTEC cannot be compared to conventional gyms, where there are many members and staff on the premises at any given time, a large variety of frequently used shared equipment, and many shared spaces. At BODYTEC we only offer strength training using electro-muscle stimulation with no additional equipment needed (cardio equipment, dumbbells, kettlebells, TheraBand’s, etc), unlike conventional gyms. By exclusively offering EMS strength training using only the Miha-Bodytec device, BODYTEC reduces the transmission risk of the COVID-19 coronavirus. To further minimise this risk of exposure and infection, the EMS devices used are disinfected before and after each training session, and exercises will be tailored so as to not require members to touch the device, minimising surface contact and contamination. Additionally, we follow a by-appointment-only approach with a maximum of 2 members being in the studio at the same time (every half an hour) and we will further limit virus transmission by always keeping a 1.5-meter distance between members.
BODYTEC’s already high health and safety standards have been adjusted to the current situation and all personal trainers and studio owners are fully trained in the new hygiene procedures.
- All personal trainers will wear PPE (masks/visors) while working in the studio.
- Hand sanitizer is compulsory for every member upon arrival and departure of the studio.
- All personal trainers will need to sanitize their hands before and after each training session.
- Where possible only one member will be trained per training slot.
- No manual resistance or additional props will be used.
- EMS jackets and belts will be sanitized with a 70% alcohol solution between every training session.
- All surface and high-touch points in the training area, seating area, changing area and toilets (EMS device, dressing station, door handles, light switches, shower taps, etc.) will be sanitized before and after each training session.
- There will be increased downtime between training sessions to allow for thorough cleaning throughout the day.
- BODYTEC EMS training sessions will remain by appointment only.
- Members will not be trained when feeling unwell upon entering the studio or if they have had contact with individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19.
BODYTEC will continue to work closely with the relevant Government authorities to help increase the options of staying active and healthy during this challenging time.
BODYTEC health tips:
- If you are nervous about attending training at our studios and would like more detailed information from your specific studio owner about what the precautions we are implementing entail, please contact them at any time.
- Our personal trainers are also here to help as they are exercise professionals with the expertise to help you stay fit, strong and healthy, and can help you navigate your exercise path during this time.
- Be consistently aware of your health and those you have been in contact with and if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or similar flu-like symptoms, refrain from exercising.
- If you are in self-isolation and not sick, don’t stop exercising. It is a good time to move more and keep your body and mind healthy. Click here for our Basic, Intermediate or Advanced 20-minute Home Workout videos.