Saltimbocca with a twist
Easy-to-make delicious and healthy 20-minute meal: This delicious Saltimbocca with a twist will tantalise your taste buds. Juicy chicken, salty prosciutto, creamy mozzarella and a zesty twist of lemon. Quick, easy and healthy – the perfect dinner recipe.
2 chicken breasts
12 fresh sage leaves
4 pieces of bacon, halved into thin strips
⅔ cup chicken stock
200g broccoli, broken into small florets
160g cherry tomatoes, diced
2.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
30ml cornstarch or flour
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place 3 sage leaves on each top side of the breast, and wrap bacon around your chicken breast, securing sage leaves in place.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, and swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan, and test to see if cooked by slicing the breast to the centre and gauging. Keep warm in the oven or place in a bowl and cover.
- In another pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat to high, add broccoli, sauté and season, cook for 3 minutes and add grated parmesan, continue to sauté for another 3 minutes, turn down the heat and add tomato.
- Combine stock, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until fully combined and smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and the remaining olive oil (approx. half a tablespoon) to the pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute, or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with broccoli/tomato mix.
See more recipes for healthy 20-minute meals here.