Roast pork and winter slaw
180g Pork loin
1ml Dried chilli flakes, or chopped fresh chilli
1ml Fennel seeds
1 Sweet potato
1 Granny Smith apple
60g Brussels sprouts
15ml Dried cranberries
1 Garlic clove
30ml Crème fraiche
5g Ginger, peeled and grated
Olive oil to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Prep your ingredients as listed.
- Cut sweet potato into wedges, toss in a little cooking oil with salt and black pepper. Place onto a roasting tray and set aside.
- Season the pork loin with salt, black pepper, chilli flakes and fennel seeds. Using a drizzle of cooking oil, seal in a pan to caramelise the outside evenly for approximately 3 minutes.
- Just before removing from the pan, drizzle over half the honey and coat evenly. Remove from the pan, place onto the oven tray alongside the wedges and place into the oven, cooking for approximately 15 minutes, or until desired cooking temperature is reached, and wedges are golden.
- Whilst in the oven, trim the ends off of the Brussels sprouts and slice thinly.
- Dice the apple.
- In a pan, over a medium heat, with 10ml cooking oil, sauté the apple with the Brussels sprouts and 1 clove of crushed garlic for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, add the cranberries and add the juice and zest of half the lemon. Remove from the heat. Season to taste.
- For the dressing, mix together the crème fraiche, remaining honey, lemon juice and zest of the remaining lemon and grated ginger. Season to taste.
- Remove the pork from the oven, allow to rest. Slice and serve over the slaw along with the wedges and drizzle over the crème fraiche.