Quinoa chicken curry
Easy-to-make delicious and healthy 20-minute meal: This Quinoa Chicken Curry is packed with flavour and goodness. Perfect for a weeknight dinner!
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
30ml chicken tikka masala
240g canned chopped tomatoes
2 cubed skinless boneless chicken breast
60ml plain yoghurt
40g fresh watercress
Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onion and fry until it begins to colour (3 minutes)
- Add garlic to the pan, add masala; cook briefly for 1 minute, stir
- Add tomatoes and a splash of water and season generously with salt/pepper and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 2 minutes, add chicken, cover and cook for another 6 minutes
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, then stir in the yoghurt, a tablespoonful at a time
- Cover and reduce heat to low
Add quinoa to the pot, and add water until it covers the top of the quinoa. Bring the pot of water and quinoa to a boil, then turn it off, cover the pot and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Serve quinoa with curry and top with watercress.
See more recipes for 20-minute meals here.