Easy-to-make delicious and healthy 20-minute meal: This Pesto Pasta recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner. Fresh, delicious and bursting with flavour.
20g fresh basil
50g almonds, blanched
80g Parmesan cheese; half for pesto, half for garnish
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ lemon, juiced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
200g fresh fettuccini
120g baby spinach
120g cherry tomatoes, sliced
Salt and pepper
- Place the basil, almonds, half the Parmesan, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and basil into a food processor
- Blitz until smooth and season to taste
- Place a large pot of water onto the stove, and add salt and olive oil to the pot. Turn to high heat and get water boiling, then add your fettuccini and cook 10 minutes for aldente, or eleven minutes for well cooked
- Drain pasta, and remove almost all the cooking water from the pot leaving a tiny bit of water to coat the bottom
- Add pasta and pesto to the pot. Season with salt and pepper, add cherry tomatoes, and spinach, then stir everything together, coating the pasta evenly in the sauce
- Plate and grate the remainder of the Parmesan over the top
This dish is perfect for vegetarians, but can easily be adjusted for vegans by substituting the Parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast flakes or vegan parmesan. For meat-eaters, add stir-fried chicken strips.
See more recipes for healthy 20-minute meals here.