Classic steak fajitas with red pepper and coriander
2 plum tomatoes, wedged
120g red onion, wedged
1 red pepper, sliced
zest and juice of 1 lime
10ml ground cumin
4 small flour tortillas
15ml sambal oelek
salt and pepper
- Fry the tomatoes cut side down to colour in a pan with a drizzle of oil for about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and season.
- Fry the red onion for 2 minutes until softened slightly. Add the red pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add the zest and half of the lime juice.
- Remove from the pan, season and set aside. Once cooled, mix together the tomato, onion, red pepper and coriander, along with a drizzle of olive oil and season further to taste.
- Season the steaks with salt, pepper and cumin and cook them over a high heat for 2-3 minutes a side (or to your preference). Just before removing the steaks from the pan add the sambal oelek and coat evenly. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 2 minutes before slicing.
- Toast the wraps on both sides for 1 minute in a dry pan over medium heat until golden.
- Put the sliced steak on the wrap, topped with salsa and drizzled with mayonnaise. Add additional lime juice if needed.