160g haloumi, grated
160g beetroot, grated
6ml curry powder
8g mint leaves, finely chopped
40g rocket leaves
50g self-raising flour
Cooking oil and olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Slice the aubergine into thin rounds. Place in bowl with cooking oil, salt and pepper. Mix until well coated.
- Place a pan over a low-medium heat and when hot, cook aubergine slices until golden on the outside and softened, about 3-4 minutes per side. Do in batches to prevent overlapping.
- In another bowl, mix the beetroot, haloumi, self-raising flour, eggs, spice mix and seasoning. Mix until well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add a drizzle of water.
- In another bowl, mix together the mint, yoghurt and seasoning.
- Place a pan over a low heat. Add cooking oil and when hot, spoon the beetroot and haloumi mixture into the pan, making about 3 patties per portion. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan and leave some space in between them. Allow to cook for about 3-4 minutes on one side. Then turn to cook for a further 3-4 minutes on the other side. Using spatula, press down on the fritters.
- Add the rocket to the aubergine along with a drizzle of olive oil. Toss until well combined.
- Plate up the aubergine and rocket salad. Top with the fritters and dollop over some minty yoghurt.