Vietnamese-style chicken with fried cauliflower rice
Prep in under 20 minutes
2 Chicken breasts
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
80g Frozen peas
120g Pak choi, thinly sliced
2 Spring onions, finely sliced
25ml Soy sauce
15ml Sesame oil
10ml Sesame seeds
5g Mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
Salt and black pepper
- Chop cauliflower in a food processor or grate it to resemble rice, and prep other ingredients.
- Dry fry sesame seeds in a pan over low-medium heat until golden, 2-4 minutes. Give them a shift every so often to be sure they don’t burn.
- Place same pan back over a medium heat, and add a drizzle of cooking oil. When hot add the chicken breasts and cook for 4-6 minutes per side until golden on the outside and cooked through. Remove from pan and allow to rest. Squeeze over half of the lemon juice and season well. Use a fork to shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a generous knob of butter in a wok or frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add garlic, pak choi, peas, half the spring onion, and chilli and fry for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent colouring.
- Add cauliflower rice, sesame and soy sauce and seasoning. Cook for 3-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is cooked, but still crunchy.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the chives and the remaining lemon juice. Season further to taste, and serve up alongside chicken.
- Top with the remaining spring onion and toasted sesame. Add more lemon for extra zest.