20-minute meal: Baked chickpea and bean burrito
Baked chickpea and bean burrito
200g baby tomatoes, finely chopped
2 baby onions, finely chopped
10g coriander, finely chopped
2 jalapenos, de-seeded & finely chopped
2 limes, juiced
Cooking oil and olive oil
Salt and pepper
240g kidney beans
10ml ground cumin
1 corn on the cob, kernels cut off
80g cheddar cheese, grated
60ml crème fraiche
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Prepare a greased or tinfoil lined baking tray.
- To make the salsa: In a bowl, mix the tomato, onion, coriander, jalapeno, lime juice, a drizzle of olive oil and some seasoning.
- Drain the chickpeas and kidney beans. Place a pan over a low-medium heat with a drizzle of cooking oil. When hot, add the cumin, beans and chickpeas and the corn kernels. Cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Season well. Add half of the salsa to this. Mix until well combined and season further to taste.
- Place your tortillas on a surface and evenly portion out the bean mixture into the centre of each. Tuck the sides in of each tortilla and roll up until you form a wrap. Repeat this process with all of the tortillas. Place them on the baking tray in the oven to cook until golden, about 9-11 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle over the grated cheese and return the tray to the oven until the cheese is melting and starting to turn golden, about 4-6 minutes.
- Plate up the burritos, top with crème fraiche and the remaining salsa.